0

The formidable "mommy" blogger

Posted on Friday, June 21, 2013

To the few and far between that read this,

Hello. Welcome to my new "mommy" blog, as I use the term with proudness and a plea for forgiveness.

I'm Hannah, and I'm married to the most wonderful husband, David. I've seen and followed many bloggers on this here internet exchange ideas, become friends, offer advice, and generally be an awesome witness to life and the beauty of motherhood.

I want to be one of them.

Now, I'm not a mom yet. I am barely a newlywed and have little experience with everything. But I thought it might be fun (or embarrassing for future children) to create this here blog. No idea how often I'll post, or what have you -- but I wanted to chronicle my experiences as a Catholic newlywed and hopefully share some wisdom or laughs along the way.

If you're like me, and you happened upon this blog by chance, and got SO obsessed with a woman/family (or were just really, really bored at work) and traveled alllll the way through the eons of internet time all the way back to the very beginning of your now-favorite blog...welcome. I'm proud of you. Not many have the guts and the determination to do so. (Trust me, I am one of you. My husband is a little ashamed of how "creeperish" I can get over people I don't know.)

But more than likely there's just a few of you who have seen this. And that's okay. I've started and restarted (and restarted, and restarted) journal after journal in my day. Being now a working woman and a wife, I don't have time to make my handwriting all pretty and keep a separate one by the bed every night. I often think of things I want to write about on the fly, without much warning, and need to get them down as soon as possible. Hence, blog format is great -- I can create a word doc, and Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V later, and I'm solid.

I chose the name of this blog specifically. It's part of my all-time favorite quote: "Be gentle to all, and stern with yourself." Said by the freaking B.A. St. Teresa of Avila, it epitomizes who I want to be as a wife and a mother (someday). I am far too often easy on myself and treat others really how I should be seeing myself. I want to be gentle in my life -- to see problems and solve them with grace and ease, but never cease to reexamine my own life and be stern in what I should change.

So. Posts coming up...
1. Wedding deets and flaws and pictures galore!
2. Honeymoon extraordinaire (jealous of my tan, you will be)
3. Random happenings from the life of Hannah and David.

Get excited!

No Comments

Discussion

Leave a response