1

7 Quick Takes #1

Posted on Friday, August 16, 2013



I officially, as of this morning at 7:30 a.m., am a working from home gal! It was a long arduous process (and reason) for this change, but I'm excited. So far so good - I've got my succulents cheering me up, an Aromatherapy CHOOSE HAPPINESS yuzu and lime candle to set the mood, and a jar full of new pens and a stack of neon sticky notes to get me going. More on my job and what it involves later...much too long for "quick" takes.
To celebrate my new position and my new lifestyle, I went to the salon and dyed my hair for the first time in, well, ever! I was going for an ombre look like this but it didn't get as dramatic as I'd like. I'm working on finding a good DIY as soon as this falls out. Any suggestions? I'm willing to try anything to save that $$$!

this light is terrible but it is ombre-ish now

Had plain old coffee with cream for the first time in a long time this week, and HOLY COW what have I been doing without coffee for the last 3-6 months? During school my roommate Caitlin was a saint and made coffee for me and my other roomie almost every morning and I LOVED it. I got out of the habit once married, just because it meant I needed to make the coffee instead of it magically appearing out of the goodness of her heart. But man, you best believe I'm going after it now - especially with this creamer to go along.
Currently I'm in my home office (which I will tour for you at some point) and watching the hubby dig up what used to look like an unmarked grave in our backyard. The mound of dirt was once enclosed by an inconvenient raised garden bed, which we quickly removed...yet left the scarily body-shaped log of dirt there for far too long. Now, it's being chopped up and transported away with our recycling bin. (Don't ask me why he didn't use our 3 extra garbage cans. I've got nothing.)

I'm on day 5 of P --- 90 --- X and am LOVING it so far! I've been meaning to get all 90 days in sometime since about 3 years ago, and never got around to it until now. Especially now with working from home, I'm hoping I'll keep it up and be in super-duper good shape come November 10! I'll keep y'all updated on how it's going sporadically.

hopefully I'll get a cool nickname like pam the blam


I made an awesome meal the other night using very little skill and the wizardry that is a crockpot. Here's the recipe:
     boil chicken breast.
     peel apart with your hands, trying not to burn the tips of your fingers (I failed on this part)
     stick in crockpot
     add 1 bottle of Kraft Anything dressing, Catalina style
     cook for 4-8 hrs, whatever you put your crockpot at
     serve on microwave tortillas & cheese.
It was a delish hit.
Super excited to be joining all this linking and such. I'm still not satisfied with my blog design and layout so I'll probably be tweaking those as the next couple weeks come and go, but they're good for now. Off to do some p90 and then camp out in the back yard with the hubby! enjoy your weekend!


For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

1 Comment

Discussion

  1. Linked over here from Conversion Diary; congrats on the new job! I love your choices for making home office comfy. Makes me want to get hold of a happy aromatherapy candle. Also, I'm detoxing, so I miss coffee. Jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete