0

P90X love.

Posted on Saturday, August 17, 2013

P90X love.

I'm sitting here in my home office, dripping with sweat and with a tingling sensation running down my legs. My toes are stuck together with sweat, and I don't even want to venture my nose towards my pits because I can smell me from where I'm at...and it's gross.

Why, you make ask, am I filling you in with all these nasty details?
Because I'm done with WEEK 1 of the 13-week hell that is P90X!

(applause appreciated here)

I know, I know, I haven't hit the hard part yet. And I'm coming off a bit of a workout-high. But let me tell you - I've noticed a difference in lots of areas of my life already, just from one week's worth of the insanity that is this program.

I started the program because I've always wanted to do it, just never had the same amount of time open every single day (especially in college), but now that I'm working from home I have absolutely no excuses! :) I also have some extra flab around my midsection that I'd like to get rid of...and I've heard amazing things about P90x so I thought I'd give it a try.

he's insane but super fit for 45
Luckily for me, my husband already owned the DVDs - he and I have been doing some of the workouts occasionally since we started dating, especially the Ab Ripper X and the Shoulders/Arms routine. Both are amaaaazing. But, I wanted to do the whole thing, for real, no excuses this time.

This week my schedule looked like this:
Monday: Chest & Back, Ab Ripper X
Tuesday: Plyometrics
Wednesday: Shoulders & Arms, Ab Ripper X
Thursday: Yoga X
Friday: Legs & Back, Ab Ripper X
Saturday: Kenpo X

Needless to say it was a challenging week!

But I am already feeling results and rejuvenation that I haven't been getting from my previous workout routine (occasional weights, crappy elliptical, runs outside when it's not 100 degrees).

I have more energy.
I'm more alert for longer periods during the day.
I want to eat healthier - it's like my body knows it needs real food when it's been working out like this.
I'm more active in general.
I have a better outlook on life in general.
I'm less stressed and more relaxed once I've sweated out 8 oz. of water every day through this program.

I know myself, though, and know that at some point I'm going to get discouraged and want to give up. To eradicate that, I made these fancy calendars so I have no excuse not to do it!
i just freaking love adding those check marks


In summation, I love it so far, and I can't wait to see the transformation happen on my body! I will keep you updated on how it's going and hopefully some wisdom at the end of the 90 days if you want to try it yourself!

lurve,
Hannah



No Comments

Discussion

Leave a response