2

7 QT #3

Posted on Friday, August 30, 2013



I apologize that I have done like 0.00% blogging this week. I've been reading a lot, but also SUPER busy with work and an extra project for work and doing P90 that I'm running out of time to do things like check the mail (my favorite thing in the world) and make the bed. So blogging is on the very very end of my list, and it got thrown out the window. I promise, it'll come back soon. I hope.

My newest obsession? Gilmore Girls. I quickly finished with the Mindy Project (see last week's QT here) and moved on. GG has always been one of my favorite shows, but I wasn't allowed to watch TV on weeknights during the school year, so my knowledge was sparse and far-reaching. I survived catching up in the summer on rerun city (aka ABC Family) which showed a strange conglomeration of episodes every day from 11-2. Needless to say my journey so far has been fun. I love all the book references and the music that no one else knows and it's great.

I've started alternating between kneeling at my desk or using my exercise ball. I think I miss the ability I had to run to the chapel whenever I wanted in my college days, but there's something very comforting about kneeling to work. And maybe something a little sacrilegious...

L. A. Meyer's Bloody Jack series has me reliving all my childhood dreams of becoming a pirate. If you haven't heard of them, go check out Bloody Jack: Being An Account of the Curious Adventures of Mary "Jacky" Faber, Ship's Boy. There's a whole series (9? books?) and I'm on 3 in ease. It's easy, YA, daring-filled adventure moment after moment, and I have a hard time putting them down.
There's this new fancy-looking set of covers available in the reprint edition, but the originals look like swashbuckling, sword-swinging, petticoat and turncoat-era paintings, like this:
Fantastic.

I've been craving Juice Stop all week. Someone help.

My girlfriends and I are getting together tonight to watch When Harry Met Sally, because apparently it's a very important piece of the 80s/90s canon of romcoms and we've never seen it. There will be flavored champagne, chips and dip, and hopefully some fun. I'm very excited.

A question for you...how do you find time to blog? How does it work in with the rest of your schedule? If you work at an office, when does your blog time happen? If you're a SAHM, how do you balance? I need some advice and would love to hear your thoughts!


For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/10205525/?claim=kxzjczpghky">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

2 Comments

Discussion

  1. Hooray for When Harry Met Sally! I think you'll love it.

    I give myself a deadline and I plan ahead of topics to write about; I am also gentle with myself when it doesn't happen, since life happens. I write best at night, so I don't try to write in the morning or afternoon. It comes down to knowing what works best for you! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete