0

Newlywed Life: an Update

Posted on Tuesday, August 6, 2013

David and I on our honeymoon:

beautiful ocean views behind us

David and I after our honeymoon:

this is actually before marriage but w/e


You get the picture, right? (pun very much intended)

Actually, to be honest, our experience with marriage so far has been glorious. Perfect. A little taste of the afterlife. Sweet & sugary. Ice cream sundae with the cherry perfectly on top.

Okay, now I'm getting sweets cravings. 

But honestly, our experience with marriage has been everything we could have wanted so far. We're happy, healthy, no one has broken down or given up, and we've been CRAZY busy.

Since our honeymoon we've:
-been to two other weddings
-bought a bunch of furniture
-had to work late almost every other night
-considered buying a puppy
-got a new job (me)
-and just had fun.

Number 1 thing I've learned about David so far: he changes temperature more than a 50-year old menopausal woman. Seriously. We'll be laying in bed, trying to go to sleep, and he'll put the sheet on because he's cold. Two minutes later, sheet's off because his skin is on fire. And on and on! It's really very opposite of me - I can be asleep and frigid and not know it til the next morning, because I'm such a deep sleeper.

Number 1 thing I've learned about me so far: I really really really HATE doing the dishes. David's been an absolute champ on cleaning up after my botched attempts in the kitchen. And it's glorious. But I need to work on it (humility or something).

Eventually, I will get wedding pictures up.
byeeeeeeeeeee


No Comments

Discussion

Leave a response